Learning Their Likes


As she's grown older, learning what Leala likes has been fun.  Today I was reminded that she likes lollipops.  I think she started liking them when she first associated them with the letter "L" in her Dr. Seuss's ABC book:

"BIG L
little l

Little Lola Lopp.
Left leg.
Lazy lion licks a lollipop."

Hey, look at what I found on YouTube - Dr. Seuss's ABC!  How fun!  I'll have to show this to Leala.  In my opinion though, I read it better... plus I make it interactive [laughs] including buzzing, counting, itching, sneezing, and tickling!  By the way, "L" is at 4:20 into the video.


Adella, we've learned, likes to be free (as a bird?).  She doesn't like to be swaddled.  She likes to be able to stretch her legs (which I definitely had felt in the womb!), [laughs] and as we captured last night, her arms in this case.



Now that nursing a newborn and changing her diapers every couple of hours has become routine and my husband and I have been able to catch up on more sleep, I've been able to have my special snuggling moments with just Leala again, and despite my previous concerns, Adella has gotten my special one-on-one attention too.  I think it's because of these cherished moments that I've gotten to have with my girls both together and individually, that I've been able to observe how uniquely God has created each one of them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment