Flip Flop Decorating Party [Part 2]

Well here it is; the long anticipated pictures from the Flip Flop Decorating Party I hosted at my house!  Thanks to Dalana, I can post most of the flip flop creations the girls came up with.  Judy still needs to go through Computer Science 101, so I don't think I'll be getting her pictures any time soon.  =P


These are the prototypes that Kayla and I made to give the girls some ideas on how to decorate their flip flops.  A lot of them came up with their own original ideas and amazed us with their creativity.

Trudy workin' on her flip flops.



Terren decoratin' hers.

Photo courtesy of Dalana Martin.

I loved the rainbow rhinestones on black!  Terren gave the flip flop straps a coat of glitter too.

Sisters, Adela and Izzy, and Terren (photo courtesy of Dalana Martin).


Trudy and Megan (photo courtesy of Dalana Martin).


Lauren and sisters Tia and Sierra (photo courtesy of Dalana Martin).



If we were voting on the flip flops, I think this one should have been awarded the "Most Embellished!"


Okay, so there were 3 Sierra's at the party.  Though it was comical when all of their heads would turn when I was addressing only one of them, I felt bad that they didn't know which one's attention I was trying to get.  So by the end of the night I said that I would properly call them by their last names, hence the photo above being labeled "Miss Christian's."  =)

Photo courtesy of Dalana Martin.

I love how Sierra wove 2 different colors of tulle with a thin ribbon together and glued the braids on top of the flip flop straps.  The gold bows were a nice finishing touch!

Sierra and Aimee (photo courtesy of Dalana Martin).


This was one of my favorites because the colors reminded me of Disney's Cinderella (my favorite Disney Princess), so I dubbed these the "Cinderella Flip Flops."


Caitlin and Tanya made matching flip flops.  I really liked Caitlin's black and pink combo!



Sisters, Kamea and Miranda (photo courtesy of Dalana Martin).

Photo courtesy of Dalana Martin.

Photo courtesy of Dalana Martin.


Several of the girls got creative with the ribbon.  Debbie's reminded me of bumble bees.

Judy decorating a pair for Tessa.


Kayla got this cute package of heart buttons I think from Walmart.  I had to use them on the little pair of flip flops I got for Leala since her middle name is "Heart" (her first name means, "loyal, faithful").


I used two little heart rhinestones to cover the button holes on the hearts.


We had various shades of nail polish out on the patio to give the girls something fun to do if they finished decorating their flip flops before the party was over and to make nice photos like Kayla's.



Flip Flop Decorating Tip:  

On all the flip flop decorating tutorials I found online, like Martha Stewart's here or this one on Coley's Corner blog, they suggested using a strong glue like E-6000.  I took their advice and bought a tube at Walmart for only a couple bucks (they have a great affordable craft section) and it proved to hold ribbon, silk flowers, and various other embellishments on better than Flip Flop Glue or hot glue.  So if any of you girls who went to the party are needing to repair your flip flops, use E-6000 or as one girl shared, she used some super glue they had lying around at home.  We were joking around about having a "Flip Flop Repair Day."


For a tutorial on how to make these easy tulle tote bags, go here.  And if you missed it, make sure to check out Flip Flop Decorating Party [Part 1] for some more creative ideas.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! I wanna print this out and post it on the youth wall!! haha. beautifully captured, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's flip flops came out great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the blog you captured the night perfectly! I agree w/ Kayla to print and put on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, all the pictures I took are right there, so feel free to print the photos or download them. If you click on one of the pictures, it'll open up a window to its original size. Both Judy and Dalana have them on CD too if you guys wanted to order photo prints. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is SO cute! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete