What a Week!

With my parents moving back from Oregon, Gregg and I celebrating 4 years of marriage, my mother-in-law coming to visit from Texas, my nephew turning 8, and everything in between, I don't know where this week went!  On one hand, with Gregg being off for Memorial Day and getting to work fewer hours throughout the week for his mom's visit, and getting to spend lots of time with family, it felt like a long week.  But while on a walk Sunday evening, hours after dropping my mother-in-law off at the airport, thinking about how much we missed her company, Gregg and I talked about how the week seemed to fly by!
 
Short and Sweet!

I originally had planned to write a day by day account of all the highlights of the week, especially the visit we got to have with my mother-in-law, but due to the slow performance of our computer lately, just getting a blog post up is going to be an accomplishment!  So I'm picking our wedding anniversary and finding out the sex of our baby as the events of the week to highlight.

Four Years Later

With Gregg at work and me busily doing last minute cleaning and preparation for my mother-in-law's stay with us, which ended up being an evening earlier than expected, Gregg and I found moments to wish each other a happy 4 year wedding anniversary on Thursday, in the midst of what otherwise would have seemed like a normal day.


I would have liked to have set something romantic up in our room or found more ways to put up more little memorials around the house celebrating 4 years of marriage, but this refrigerator display is all I had time for.


"A lasting love is made up of sharing,
both hours that are joyous and also despairing.
It's made up of patience and deep understanding
and never of stubborn or selfish demanding.
It's made up of climbing the steep hills together
and facing with courage life's stormiest weather."

- Helen Steiner Rice


"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."

- Karen Sunde


Anniversary Blessings
to
Two Special
Lovebirds

[inside]

When God chose you for each other,
He knew your love would be sweeter still
with each new day and anniversary!

Happy Celebrating! ♥

Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:8

Enjoy the sparkling cider.  =)

Love Mom & Dad

I loved the card and think it's so sweet that every year my parents remember our anniversary.  I discovered that my dad was actually the one who picked this card out for us.  He said he felt it was important to remember his kids' wedding anniversaries when they got married and be supportive of marriage.  I was really touched by that.  Hopefully we'll get to enjoy a glass of Martinelli's tonight.

We got to spend a fun evening with my mother-in-law eating out at Phil's BBQ.  A group of young adults at three tables next to us made the evening even more exciting with their enthusiasm for the Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks game that was playing on the flat screens in the restaurant.  Leala made friends with one of the girls at the table next to us when she screamed coincidentally at the same time one of the players on the Dallas Mavericks scored.  We scored even more points with Leala's new friend when she found out that my mother-in-law was from Dallas, Texas.  We stayed to see how the game would turn out and I have to say that the Mavericks made an amazing last minute comeback!

Saturday evening my mother-in-law babysat so Gregg and I could go on a date to celebrate our anniversary.  Thank God Soul Surfer was still out in theaters!  I love inspirational movies and this one is now one of my favorites!  We were in such a rush to make it to the theater in time and to get back home for the yummy Mexican food my mother-in-law was cooking for us, that I forgot to take our annual anniversary picture!

The Secret's Out 

Or is it?  Well, we had my long anticipated anatomical ultrasound appointment this morning and according to the tech our baby is... a girl.  We got a little sneak preview at the end and Gregg was in agreement with the tech.  Still getting used to the idea since my heart was pretty set on the baby being a boy.  I told Gregg that maybe I should go watch Pride and Prejudice to help me recondition my mind.  Growing up, surrounded by females, seems to be Gregg's lot in life.  Joking aside, whatever the sex of our baby, I do believe it is what it is by God's divine providence.  Though I know what hopes I had in having a boy, God knows the plans He has for little Ruth Anne Hope (Jeremiah 29:11), if the baby is indeed a girl.


Our baby's smile.
 

I think the baby was saying "hi" to us.

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW!!!! another sweet, little, angel girl!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Leala is going to LOVE being a big sissy!! yay!!!!

    and whew! you are gonna need a vacation from all that happy, celebratory, busy-ness! haha. rest up, little mama, and congrats on your baby & your anniversary. love you & your wonderful little family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! congratulations!! :) so exciting that leala will have a sister to grow up with!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!! a sister!! what a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete