What a Deal!

I feel like the Money Saving Mom, posting about the deals I got, but they were too good not to share!

So check this out, I got the Meet Strawberry Shortcake DVD for 31 cents and the five  Classic Characters Golden Books boxed set for FREE!  Yeah, no joke!  I was a bit skeptical that I could get a DVD that was in the good, used condition it was described as on Amazon.com for only 31 cents (plus $2.98 shipping and handling), but I did!  Not a scratch or smudge on the DVD and the case is in great shape!  I found three other used copies of various different Strawberry Shortcake DVD's for 99 cents each from a different seller on Amazon.com that I hope are in the good condition they were described as.  I will definitely add a raving review if they are!  There are a few other DVD's I want to get for my 2-year-old (who's all about what she refers to as "Strawberry Land") that I'll be willing to purchase if their used condition is described as having no scratches on them, in a case that's in good shape, for under $1.

As for the Golden Books, since I never received the free 1-year Parents magazine subscription from the Huggies Rewards catalog I tried to redeem last August, I didn't know if I'd really receive anything for my second attempt to get an item with my cashed in rewards points.  Both times I was notified via email that it would take about 6 to 8 weeks to process my order.  So when the box my husband carried in from our mail box today contained my Golden Books order (which I thought were the other three Strawberry Shortcake DVD's I purchased), I was delightfully surprised (to get an idea of how the Huggies Rewards works, check out my post Fru-gal-ity)!  So I will definitely keep collecting those yellow little stickers on the Huggies products I purchase and submitting the points online!

I've also been getting crazy deals and rewards buying my groceries at Vons (Safeway), so maybe I'll need to post a second edition of Fru-gal-ity with an update on other ways I've found to save money as a stay-at-home mom.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 29, 2012 [Edit]



So here it is - my raving review!  A couple days ago I received the three other used Strawberry Shortcake DVD's I ordered (sooner than I was expecting to get them!), the discs in perfect condition and the cases in good shape!  So I've learned from experience that it's not a too-good-to-be-true deal to receive used DVD's purchased for under $1 in the like new condition they were described to be online!  Since I had to cancel our Netflix subscription that we got to enjoy for a month, purchasing these DVD's so my 2-year-old could still enjoy watching "Strawberry Land" was worth it to me.  Plus, you don't get the bonus features on Netflix that you do when you own the DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally into being frugal! My new thing is making things homemade. Not only do you know what is in it but it is cheaper than buying it from the store. I just made a half gallon of organic yogurt for $3. I also make a big crockpot of organic applesauce for around $2. Next I'm going to try organic/all natural body wash. I'm excited because I will know whats in it and be able to pronounce all the ingrediants, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete