Adella's Arrival


A week ago from today, Adella Hope Fields was born!  Because my labor with Leala took 30-something hours, I was not expecting Adella's quick arrival.  After only 5 hours of labor, Adella entered the world!  I had however mentally prepared myself for the possibility of Adella coming so quickly that I wouldn't have time to get an epidural, since that was the experience of some of the moms I knew.  And that's what happened!  Honestly though, I think I rather preferred to just get it over with rather than have it drag out so long.  In a way it was cool to feel how my body worked to get the baby out, like each time the baby dropped.  How God has created and designed our bodies is amazing!  And thankfully Adella was only 7 lbs., 11 oz, interestingly enough on 10-7-11.  Recovery has been surprisingly quick as well and Adella has had no problem nursing (though it has been a pretty painful process for me).  It still seems surreal that we're actually a family of 4 now!  Gregg and I are so blessed that God would give us another daughter.  Children truly are a gift from Him (Psalm 127:3)!


Gregg and I were happy to get to go home after only having to be in the hospital for 24 hours.  Out of curiosity we found Leala's newborn pictures and compared them to the ones I took of Adella.  We thought, along with my mother-in-law, that they almost looked like they could be twins in these two pictures.  Leala was born at 8 lbs., 8 oz., so it makes Adella seem so small.  [laughs] She's swimming in her newborn clothes!  Adella seems to have gotten more of my physical features.  She has more of my olive-colored skin, the slanted shape of my eyes, and the amount of hair I was born with.  It's hard to tell what her eye color is, but to me it doesn't look very blue.  I think she will end up with green eyes.  Either that or dark blue eyes, but we'll see.  Both Adella and Leala have my dark hair color but Gregg's cool rectangular hairline.


It has been so sweet hearing Leala say, "Hi baby-by-by-by."  Leala's given Adella kisses, hugs and gentle pats.  She's even tried to feed Adella her food [laughs].  Leala's been the big helper I thought she would be.  [laughs] It will be interesting to see how things will be with Leala and Adella once my mother-in-law flies back home and Gregg goes back to work.  It'll take God's grace and a lot of prayer some days, I'm sure.  I think this new season of life will be a good growing experience for us all and I'm thankful for it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled your beautiful family has grown; and very thankful all went well with your labor, delivery, and first days home as a whole family. Our whole lives are nothing but experiences we grow and learn from; and I am thankful to Jesus for giving it to us and to God for allowing us to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful Yolanda! i love these pictures. what lucky girls to have you and greg as their mom and dad :)

    ReplyDelete