Pretty Pregnancy


Click on Image for Full-size

I've been wanting to blog specifically about pregnancy for some time now, covering helpful tips like maternity wear and fun topics like nesting, but just haven't found the time or entirely the inspiration.  

I remember how I felt during my first pregnancy when my body was going through all these awkward changes and I was going through a gamut of emotions about morphing into a mother; almost like reliving my 12-year-old pubertal growth spurt.  Sometimes pregnancy was a spiritually glowing experience, and other times it was an emotionally gloomy one.

As for my second pregnancy, having already gone through the cumbersome maturing female changes and not having to go through some of the previous discomforts like retaining water, causing my feet and hands to swell, I've felt a lot more comfortable in my own skin.  I was able to wear my regular jeans up to 7 months of my pregnancy.  My shoes never got tight and even towards the end I've been able to wear my wedding ring.  And some of my regular shirts still fit!  And for the days where I feel like being more comfortable than fashionable, I have a set of hand-me-down maternity clothes that fit!  This time around, it has felt possible that pregnancy can be pretty.

Well, as I was browsing through my friend's blog reading list, I came across this one woman's blog that has a whole page dedicated to her pregnancy!  She sure had a way of making hers look pretty!  I learned a new trick from her Dressing the Bump: (2nd Trimester) post on how to wear your favorite jeans longer (for the next one).  I'm excited about checking out her other posts on this page as well!  So, until I get something up myself, be encouraged and inspired by all the things you'll find on Aurajoon: baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment